b. 30 August 1870, d. 10 December 1924
Smoot was also known as Lydia Smoot.3,4 She was born on 30 August 1870 in Mason Co., Kentucky.5 She was the daughter of William Perrine Smoot and Mary Keziah Gordon. Lillian Smoot married Harry Barkley in 1896.3,6 Lillian Smoot and Harry Barkley lived in 1900 in 13 West Third St., Maysville, Mason Co., Kentucky.6 Lillian Smoot died on 10 December 1924 in Maysville, Mason Co., Kentucky, at age 54. Died of "brain strain of influenza."5 She was buried on 13 December 1924 in Maysville, Mason Co., Kentucky. Lot 157, section 6.5
- [S76] Various, 1900 U.S. Census record, unknown repository address, Genealogy.com Internet Service, Name shown as "Lillie S", wife of Harry Barkley.
- [S179] Death Certificate , Kentucky State Archives, Frankfort, Kentucky, Name shown as "Lillian Smoot Barkley". Hereinafter cited as Ky. Death Certificate.
- [S42] Arva Parks McCabe, "E-mail messages from Arva Moore Parks," e-mail message from e-mail address (Miami, Florida) to W. Douglas Gordon, 2001. Hereinafter cited as "E-mail from Arva Parks."
- [S44] LDS Church, 1880 U.S. Census (Salt Lake City, UT: FamilySearch.org, 2001), Name shown as "Lydia" in household of William P. Smoot. Hereinafter cited as 1880 Census.
- [S179] Ky. Death Certificate.
- [S76] 1900 U.S. Census record, unknown repository address, Mason Co., Film 543, Book 1, Page 84.
William Elgin Smoot1
b. 1 November 1813, d. 1887
William Elgin Smoot was born on 1 November 1813 in Mason Co., Kentucky.1 He was the son of Samuel Smoot and Lydia Gill. William Elgin Smoot married Elizabeth Perrine on 16 October 1837 in Mason County. William Elgin Smoot died in 1887 in Mason County.
Children of William Elgin Smoot and Elizabeth Perrine
b. 29 October 1817, d. 15 January 1886
Elizabeth Perrine was born on 29 October 1817.1 She married William Elgin Smoot, son of Samuel Smoot and Lydia Gill, on 16 October 1837 in Mason Co., Kentucky. Elizabeth Perrine died on 15 January 1886 at age 68.1
Children of Elizabeth Perrine and William Elgin Smoot
Lydia Ellen Smoot
Henry Gill Smoot
b. 1843, d. 1882
Charles Smith Smoot
b. 28 February 1845, d. 6 April 1898
Charles Smith Smoot was born on 28 February 1845.1 He was the son of William Elgin Smoot and Elizabeth Perrine. Charles Smith Smoot married Mary Agnes French before 1872.2 Charles Smith Smoot was a farmer in 1880 in Mason Co., Kentucky.2 He died on 6 April 1898 at age 53.
Children of Charles Smith Smoot and Mary Agnes French
- Retta French Smoot2 b. 19 Dec 1871, d. 6 Dec 1902
- John Gill Smoot2 b. 23 Jul 1873, d. 6 Apr 1941
- Charles Elgin Smoot2 b. 21 Jun 1875, d. 23 Oct 1951
- Leslie Henderson Smoot2 b. 30 Dec 1877, d. 1 Nov 1967
- Harry Duke Smoot3 b. 17 Nov 1880, d. 10 May 1959
- Walter Augustus Smoot3 b. 29 Jan 1884, d. 29 Sep 1972
- Glenn Bacon Smoot3 b. 6 Feb 1885, d. 24 Jul 1965
- [S45] Lewis D. Collins, "E-mail from Lewis D. Collins," e-mail message from e-mail address (unknown address) to W. Douglas Gordon, 27 Nov 2000. Hereinafter cited as "Lewis Collins E-mail."
- [S44] LDS Church, 1880 U.S. Census (Salt Lake City, UT: FamilySearch.org, 2001). Hereinafter cited as 1880 Census.
- [S167] Descendants of William Smute, online www.ancestry.com. Hereinafter cited as William Smute.
b. 3 October 1782, d. 4 November 1822
Samuel Smoot was born on 3 October 1782. He married Lydia Gill. Samuel Smoot died on 4 November 1822 in Mason Co., Kentucky, at age 40.
b. 20 August 1789, d. 22 January 1872
Lydia Gill was born on 20 August 1789. She married Samuel Smoot. Lydia Gill died on 22 January 1872 in Mason Co., Kentucky, at age 82.
b. 16 December 1808, d. 11 April 1854
Elizabeth Smoot was born in 1817. She was the daughter of Samuel Smoot and Lydia Gill. Elizabeth Smoot married Alexander Wall in 1835.
Robert Lee Downing
Robert Lee Downing was born in 1872 in Mason Co., Kentucky. He was the son of Darius Downing and Anna Eliza Gordon. Robert Lee Downing married Adah Osborne on 20 February 1896.1
- [S41] Darius Downing family, Darius Downing Family Bible Arva Moore Parks, Miami, Florida. Hereinafter cited as Downing Bible.
b. January 1875
Adah Osborne was born in January 1875 in Kentucky.1 She married Robert Lee Downing, son of Darius Downing and Anna Eliza Gordon, on 20 February 1896.2
Elmer Gordon Downing
b. September 1875
Elmer Gordon Downing was born in September 1875 in Mason Co., Kentucky.1 He was the son of Darius Downing and Anna Eliza Gordon. Elmer Gordon Downing married Elizabeth Bland on 30 November 1898.2 Elmer Gordon Downing and Elizabeth Bland lived in June 1900 in West Main St., Maysville, Mason Co., Kentucky.1
b. August 1877
Elizabeth Bland was born in August 1877 in Kentucky.1 She married Elmer Gordon Downing, son of Darius Downing and Anna Eliza Gordon, on 30 November 1898.2 Elizabeth Bland and Elmer Gordon Downing lived in June 1900 in West Main St., Maysville, Mason Co., Kentucky.1
b. circa 1255, d. 28 April 1296
Adam Gordon was born circa 1255 in Scotland.1 He was the son of Sir Adam Gordon and Alicia Gordon.1 Adam Gordon married Marjory Unknown. Adam Gordon died on 28 April 1296 in the Battle of Dunbar, Dunbar, Scotland.1 He was reputed to have fought to a draw hand-to-hand with Prince Edward "Longshanks" of England. He later lost control of his lands in Berwickshire during the invasion of Scotland by Edward I.1
Mary Gordon was the daughter of Sir Adam Gordon and Annabella Unknown.1 Mary Gordon married Sir Walter Hamilton.1
Sir John Gordon1
Sir John Gordon was born in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.1 He was the son of John Gordon and Elizabeth Unknown.1 Sir John Gordon married Elizabeth Somervell.1 He received a fresh charter of the lands from King Robert II on July 13, 1376.1
Children of Sir John Gordon and Elizabeth Somervell
James Christy married Elizabeth Armstrong, daughter of Robert Armstrong and Jane Jameson, on 10 March 1787.
Joseph K. Christy
b. 27 December 1787, d. 28 September 1853